Dear Ms. Jenkins,
I read with great interest your ad for an Office Administrator and have attached my resume for your review and consideration. I have experience setting up office procedures for new businesses and refining procedures in established businesses.
In my current position I began as the first employee. I was responsible for installing QuickBooks entering all transactions creating invoices recording payments received and made and reconciling accounts. As Office Administrator at this engineering recruiting firm the owner also counted on my writing skills to create candidate descriptions for submission to clients. The company has grown to a staff of three recruiters two sales people the owner and myself. While the owner is an exceptional sales person she lacks the strong sense of organization and attention to detail that I bring to the position. Based on my previous work experience at much larger companies I have easily organized candidate and client files and helped create a professional approach to all parties.
I look forward to your call at your earliest convenience to discuss this exciting opportunity and to demonstrate my potential value to your organization. I’ll check with your office late next week on the status of the position opening. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Office Administrator Cover Letter
Office Administrators are found in a variety of organizations completing administrative and secretarial work. Common duties of an Office Administrator include implementing office procedures, supervising junior staff, handling correspondence, maintaining filing systems, typing, taking phone calls, taking minutes, making travel arrangements, organizing meetings and events, doing paperwork, photocopying documents, and collaborating with other departments. Office Administrators may be responsible for specific projects, making sure they are completed on time and within budget.
Office Administrator skills seen throughout our collection of cover letter samples include:
- Organizational skills and planning
- Presentation and communication skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Telephone etiquette
- Stamina and resilience
- Teamworking abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Multitasking and workload prioritization
- Project management expertise
- Computer competences
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter showcasing similar Office Administrator skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Office Administrator Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Billings:
Upon learning of your posting for an Office Administrator, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and self-motivated professional with expertise in coordinating and overseeing office operations to maximize efficiency and productivity, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s goals and objectives.
My background includes managing administrative operations and driving office efficiency within fast-paced office environments while ensuring adherence to budgets and deadlines. From preparing business correspondence and developing custom Excel- and Word-based documents to handling bookkeeping activities and maintaining equipment and supplies, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with management, and developing effective communication and organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Skillfully managing day-to-day office operations, communications, scheduling, database management, and special projects throughout 13-year career in office administration and support.
- Achieving reputation as a QuickBooks specialist and streamlining bookkeeping functions by implementing software systems to drive increased accounting productivity and efficiency.
- Organizing, scheduling, and facilitating regular company-wide meetings—including meetings with C-level executive staff.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within independent, self-starting environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
My skills in office organization, bookkeeping, and general administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Stacie N. Winters