- Stefanie Scott was absent from three consecutive episodes, "ReplicANT", "ClairvoyANT" and "ManagemANT". Possibly due to the filming of Frenemies. It was a fairly noticeable absense since Paisley was in the latter two episodes.
- Interesting case with Elise Neal, who plays Roxanne Parks. She was only in about five episodes. Could be a result of conflicting schedule, since she is kinda busy with various parts in various upcoming movies.
- And, to a lesser degree, Chyna's song in "managemANT".
Olive: ... no one alive has my brain capacity, or my cheekbones.
"Lexi says to do it right
I must cheer both day and night"
- Unlike most alpha bitches, Lexi's personality is typically played for laughs. She either parodies or exaggerates most traits of an Alpha Bitch.
- MutANT Farm 3 reveals that those episodes take place in an Alternate Universe that parallels the main series' universe. The MutANTs (save for good-natured M.U.T.A.N.T.! Chyna) are basically anti-villainous evil counterparts to the main dimension counterparts.
Chyna: I left my lunch in my locker.
Olive: Emma left her lunch in her locker
Chyna: Who's Emma?
- Chyna says that it's better than his Australian accent, which actually an Italian accent.
- Hashimoto is also a case of this, starting as a one-shot character from Suite Life to becoming a recurring antagonist in A.N.T. Farm.
- Happens to Lexi in EndurANTs when she and Paisley pose as music and art ANTs, respectively, in order to win $50,000 during the ANT-Lympics. After a good performance by Lexi followed by a strange awful sounding Native song, the host says "we'll it's clear who should win this..." and Lexi walks on stage only for him to announce that the Australian team won. This causes Lexi to divulge her true identity and age, which causes Webster High to forfeit the 2nd place prize, of $49,000, ouch.
- Even calls a girl, who is constantly in the school paper for doing genuinely good deeds, a publicity hog while fighting with her over a fire extinguisher. The struggle ends when she gets sprayed with said extinguisher. When Olive takes pictures of Lexi, instead of being embarrassed, Lexi begins posing for the camera.
- In "PatANT Pending", Paisley's broken arm gets all the attention and Lexi gets ignored and becomes jealous, and decides to pretend to have broken limbs in order to get noticed.
- Lexi and Paisley in "Bad RomANTs" act as if Paisley is choking so Lexi can save her life in front of Olive and get on the frontpage of the school newspaper. Lexi speaks less monotone that Paisley (who shouldn't be able to talk if she was really choking), and is pretty much hamming it up. But definitely qualifies. However, when she accidentially causes Paisley to actually choke, she reacts in a more realistic, yet clueless, fashion to someone choking.
- Chyna does this during her fake-boyfriend auditions in "Some EnchANTed Evening" (even though she wrote her lines and probably said them before Jared's audition,) she still has to read them and does so with a very monotone voice.
- He takes evidence from the station and gives the items to his kids as gifts, and not good gifts.
- To his credit, he does pay for the evidence, Not sure if cops can do that. He otherwise plays this straight for the reasons below, but the "gifts" he gets his kids signs of a completely different trope.
- He did his marksmanship training with a fake gun made from his index finger and thumb.
- He couldn't find a note that a bank robber gave the teller during a robbery.
- Chyna found it in her "gift" he gave her. His response, "That's where that went."
- In "ReplicANT", Cameron asks him to arrest Olive, He says "Why?" Cameron replies "Oh now you need a reason [to arrest someone?]" Leading us to believe that he arrests people for any reason he can think of (or no reason) if it suits him.
- The radio dispatcher announces over the radio a 1-3-9. which Daryl says thats code for the local taco joint having burritos for only $1.39, implying that the rest of the department is just as incompetent as he is. Let's hope there isn't a truly corrupt cop in his precinct doing whatever they please and getting away with it due to everyone else's incompetence.
- In that same episode, when he finally makes an arrest, his says it which much enthusiasm, implying that he doesn't make many arrests.
- But to his credit, in the episode "InformANT", he apparently is a detective. But that may serve the purpose of showing how bad his precinct is if he is a detective, unless he ends up being a Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass.
- Even more evidence that the precinct is full of incompetent cops. In the pilot, Darryl says his meeting hosted by the Chief of Police is cancelled because the chief's car was stolen. Which hints to him having a chief similar to Clancy Wiggum.
- After quickly coming to the conclusion that Chyna broke Olive's toy in "Body of EvidANTs" which later we find out that he was right, he tells Chyna "... don't worry, I won't tell anyone."
- In Season 3 however, Hashimoto appears to take the Big Bad mantle.
Chyna: Which dance should I dance for my first school dance? The Dougie? [does the Dougie] The Robot? [does the Robot] Dougie the Robot? [does the Dougie in robotic motions]
Cameron: You just took two of my favorite things... and made them horrible.
- Chyna on does this twice in the episode "You're the One That I wANT". After Olive explains what theatrical asides are.
Chyna:Can you believe she is pitching an idea where the character breaks the reality of the play and speaks directly to the viewer, it makes no sense.
Chyna: Y'all see what I have to deal with? Writers, unbelievable.
- The Episode "Product MisplacemANT" is also this. The hidden lesson is that trying to impress someone does not mean you have to abandon a lifestyle that means a lot to you. Lexi followed this Aesop, as she developed a Guilty Pleasure for Glarcon, because she and another character had a lot in common in things like fashion. Nonetheless, Lexi still broke this Aesop by having Seth move his stuff from his room, only for him to realize that the Glarkon franchise is silly after reading some of her magazines.
Cameron: But dad, does she have to go to my high school? I mean she's only 11.
Daryl: It's not Chyna's fault that she's gifted, anymore than it's your fault that you're...not.
- Virtually every character has been a Butt Monkey for at least one episode, and some episodes even feature more than one!
- Fletcher is also a major example. His talent is usually dismissed as useless and everyone treats him as an idiot. It even gets worse in Season 3, where most people treats him like he's nobody, Olive acts more aggressively toward him, and for some reason, the entire country hates him.
- Lexi's "Shut up, Paisley!"
- Lexi, being the show's main antagonist, winded up saying "You have got to be kidding me! when she is bested by Chyna, and on occasion Olive, Cameron and even Paisley.
- Olive saying "What the heck!" might count since no one else says it (you barely hear it on other Disney shows), she says it a lot, and in Fletcher's Web cartoon, the character based on Olive says a version of it, "What the ant hill?"
- Not to mention "Interesting factoid" and "HOLLAH!" (and, as of season 3, "Zazzow!").
- Olive also says a few phrases in other languages in other episodes such as German and Danish, and speaks English in quite a few different foreign accents.
Chyna: Cameron, what dance should I dance for the first dance of my first high school dance?
- In "fraudulANT", Lexi describes herself as "pretty, beautiful & gorgeous".
- From "ignorANTs is bliss":
Gibson: I can't get this sign up sign up, but this is where you sign up, so sign up!
- In an early episode, when Chyna doesn't know much about her, Lexi talks Chyna into trying out for the cheerleading squad. Chyna surprisingly makes the squad. But at practice, Lexi puts Chyna through a torturous first day, which leaves her bruised up, but more importantly, Chyna loses her voice. And Lexi reveals that she did this to stop Chyna from auditioning for the lead role in the school's musical. When Lexi is introduced in the Pilot, she shows that she was the lead nearly every play or musical at the school, clearly making her a front-runner even with Chyna as competition, since someone in Chyna's position might get a few minor roles, or at least one, before she would be considered a viable threat to Lexi.
- Lexi barely put any effort into the song for her audition, instead she seemed to try pandering to the casting director, which appeared to work. Time wasted on hindering Chyna's audition could have been spent writing a more legitimate song, or rehearsing something else. Chyna shows up the audition anyway and tells Lexi off with her weakened voice, which gets mistaken for a monologue and she gets the lead role.
- And again in "America Needs TalANT", she works hard to find out what Chyna is singing for the finals so she can sing it first and make Chyna look foolish. Instead of working on her own song. Chyna was aware of her attempted sabotage and as well as being misleading to Lexi, she 'carelessly' leaves a fake song for Lexi to steal. Lexi ends up looking foolish after singing a song about being a donut and getting no applause. Chyna even points out that Lexi didn't need to cheat. And while Lexi wasn't necessarily the favorite going into the finals, the judges apparently liked her.
- Violet implies Angus to be this in "intelligANTs".
- Genius Ditz: Fletcher's great at art, but thinks snow angels are dead snowmen.
- Also Olive might qualify. While very book smart due to having super memory, she has very childish moments, such as believing Cameron's ghost story, having way more fun while the rest of the ANTs are playing musical chairs, and her overall naivete.
Olive:Let's go to a high school party. It'll be fun.
Fletcher: Another one? Wasn't this one bad enough?
- Fletcher sometimes doesn't even understand it when he dishes it out.
Fletcher: Thanks a lot Chyna. (walks away [beat]) And to be clear, I wasn't thanking you.
- Even more so since Angus was more or less a candy bartender at the party.
Paisley: Yay! I want to thank all the other cheerleaders for reminding me that there is no "I" in team, because I use to spell it with an "I".
Paisley: I don't even know my own strength! "Strength" means "address", right?
- Lexi isn't exactly a rocket scientist, but much smarter than Paisley.
- Played Straight by Sequoia on "Creative ConsultANT". She says Chyna is suspended, then laughs. Angus does it too, but only because he doesn't get her so-called joke, but fakes it. While Olive knows something is wrong because of that and Chyna would never miss an opportunity sing live.
- Later Olive and Angus find Chyna suspended above a shark tank, and Angus realizes what she meant and does the Evil Laugh again.
- Chyna comes off as a very deliberate expy of Raven.
- Chyna even has similarities to Carly Shay when you consider she can sing, is Oblivious to Love from Fletcher, and has a less than normal older brother.
- Musically talented girl who finds herself in a Fish out of Water situation when she begins attending a new school? Chyna is essentially a younger, African-American version of Tori Vega.
- Olive is Lilly Truscott as a middle schooler.
- In "The ReplacemANT", her school teacher look makes her look like a female version of Mr. Denzel Crocker.
- She also seems a lot tougher than Chyna, and is sometimes mean to Fletcher, given who Fletcher is an expy of (see below), Olive is a more book-smart version of Sam Puckett without all of the drama and binge eating. She might even live in a dysfunctional household, but not much is stated about Olive's homelife.
- Olive even has a similar hairstyle and color to that of Sam.
- In "StudANT Council", she shows can even spit some fire into the M-I-C. Even though she didn't write the rap in-universe, she didn't sound corny. And she, much like Sam, has moderate mic skills for a white girl.
"modeling assignmANT" is the fourth episode in Season 2 of A.N.T. Farm. It first aired on Disney Channel in the United States on June 22, 2012. It is a continuation of fANTasy girl.
Chyna helps Cameron track down his imaginary model girlfriend, whose real name is Vanessa LaFontaine and she and Angus do everything they can to help Cameron impress her. Vanessa has bandages on her eyes that keep her from seeing what Cameron actually looks like, so Chyna and Angus use that to their advantage. Meanwhile, it's all out war when Lexi gets a job at Hippo's new restaurant and Olive and Fletcher have Angus hack into Hippo's "in" website to choose different dining themes that will make Lexi miserable.
Chyna: Wow, Cameron might actually have a girlfriend. Did not see that coming. (Walks away),(Angus checks his watch and it shoots an arrow into her bottom)Chyna: Ahh!!! Or that! (Chyna faints)
- Hippo from "ManagemANT" makes a return in this episode.
- This episode was originally known as "MisrepresANTation".
- This episode is a part of a story arc.
- Olive calls Lexi "blondy" even though she's also blond.
- When Angus looks at his watch & the dart goes off & Cameron starts flying in the air. Then at one point you can see Angus's hands have moved but was too quick to move them.
To view the Modeling assignmANT gallery, click here.