Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi launched the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or Clean India Mission on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2, 2014 at Rajghat in New Delhi.Here are 7 facts you should definitely know about the campaign:
Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi launched the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or Clean India Mission on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2, 2014 at Rajghat in New Delhi.
Here are 7 facts you should definitely know about the campaign:
1. The national campaign led by the Government of India is covering 4041 statutory towns across India and aims to make the streets, roads and infrastructure clean by October 2, 2019 (Mahatma Gandhi's 150th birth anniversary)
2. The mission is estimated to cost around 62,009 crore rupees, of which 14,623 crore rupees will be borne by the Union Government
3. The urban component of the mission is being implemented by the Union Ministry of Urban Development and is India's biggest ever cleanliness drive. Around three million government employees and school and college students of India participated in the event in its initial phase. However, the rural component of the mission will be implemented by Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
4. The mission was started by Prime Minister Modi, who, on December 25, 2014, nominated nine famous personalities for the campaign. They took up the challenge and nominated nine more people. Thereafter, it has been carried forward with people from all walks of life joining it. The nine public figures selected by Modi to propagate the mission include:
Comedian Kapil Sharma, Former captain of Indian cricket team Sourav Ganguly, Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi, Padmanabha Acharya, Nagaland Governor Sonal Mansingh, classical dancer Ramoji Rao of Eenadu group and Aroon Purie of the India Today group
5. The goal also includes the elimination of open defecation, conversion of insanitary toilets to pour flush toilets, eradicating of manual scavenging and Municipal Solid Waste Management (MSWM).
Major components of the goal:
a) Construction of individual sanitary latrines for households below the poverty line with subsidy (80 percent) where demand exists
b) Conversion of dry latrines into low-cost sanitary latrines
c) Construction of exclusive village sanitary complexes for women providing facilities for hand pumping, bathing, sanitation and washing on a selective basis where there is not adequate land or space within houses and where village panchayats are willing to maintain the facilities
d) Setting up of sanitary marts
e) Total sanitation of villages through the construction of drains, soakage pits, solid and liquid waste disposal
f) Intensive campaign for awareness generation and health education to create a felt need for personal, household and environmental sanitation facilities.
This would cover 1.04 crore households, provide 2.5 lakh seats of community toilets, 2.6 lakh seats of public toilets and solid waste management facility for all towns.
With effect from April 1, 1999, the Government of India restructured the Comprehensive Rural Sanitation Programme and launched the Total Sanitation Campaign (TSC).
To give a fillip to the TSC, effective June 2003, the government launched an incentive scheme in the form of an award for total sanitation coverage, maintenance of a clean environment and open defecation-free panchayat villages, blocks and districts, called Nirmal Gram Puraskar.
Effective April 1, 2012, the TSC was renamed to Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (SBA). On October 2, 2014 the campaign was relaunched as Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
7. A Swachh Bharat Run was organised at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on October 2, 2014. According to a statement from the Rashtrapati Bhavan, around 1500 people participated and the event was flagged off by President Pranab Mukherjee. Participants in the run included officers and their families.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Essay, an important topic for any selection either for Job or Admission. A pollution free clean India would be the best tribute to the nation. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a cleanliness mass movement organized by the government of India and takes into action by the honorable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi. This is the most valuable expedition which everyone must be aware of for the bright future of India.
It is a national level campaign run by the Indian Government to cover all the backward statutory towns to make them clean. This campaign involves the construction of latrines, promoting sanitation programs in the rural areas, cleaning streets, roads and changing the infrastructure of the country to lead the country ahead.
The main aim of cleanliness campaign is to disseminate the mission as an awareness program globally. This program involves the construction of bathrooms in public areas, promoting sanitation awareness in rural areas, cleaning streets, bringing behavioral changes to people, and converting India an ideal country before the world. Agreeing to this campaign nine people would first invited to the program and continue the chain likewise, this way there would be a huge chain of people who can involve in this campaign and make it a success. By the completion of the cleanliness program, it would indirectly draw the attention of business investors in India and also tourist attraction would be more from all over the world.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a Swachh Bharat mission led by the government of India to make India a clean India. This campaign was launched officially by the government of India on 145th birthday anniversary of the great person, Mahatma Gandhi on 2nd of October, 2014. It was launched at the Rajghat, New Delhi. The government of India has aimed to make India a clean India by 2nd of October 2019 (means 150th birth anniversary of the Mahatma Gandhi) through this campaign.
India became far from cleanliness after 67 years of independence. Therefore this mission is a serious campaign started by the Government of India to establish the country completely clean and sanitization with various programs.
The campaign of Swachh Bharat is a biggest ever cleanliness drive of the India during the launch of which around 3 million government employees and students from schools and colleges were participated. On the day of launch, Prime Minister has nominated the names of nine personalities of India to initiate the campaign in their own areas and own decided dates as well as promote the campaign to common public. He also had requested to all nine personalities to invite other nine people from their own end individually to participate in this event as well as continue this chain of inviting nine people until the message reach to each and every Indian people.
The completion of this mission would indirectly draw the attention of business investors in India, enhance the GDP growth, draw tourists attention from all over the world, bring variety of sources of employment, reduce health costs, reduce death rate, and reduce lethal disease rate and many more. Clean India would bring more tourists and enhance its economic condition. The Prime Minister of India has requested to every Indian to devote their 100 hours per year for the cleanliness in India which is very sufficient to make this country a clean country by 2019. Swachh Bharat has also started to get some fund for this campaign.
Together you can make the change. An Eco-friendly society is always needed its citizen to be healthy and clean in every face of life. This program will bring togetherness among people and take care of the citizen of India and take care of you.
PInterview , An IIM Bangalore Alumni initiative, offers its users 1 to 1 Online Mock Interview with Industry Professionals and Domain Experts to improve and Excel one’s Interview skills and Ace the Interviews